Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 14

Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!
This morning I stepped on the scale... and I finally ducked under 170.
169.2, it said in bright blue numbers. I have not seen the underside of 170 in two years, when I was a couple months pregnant. I'm less than ten pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight (which, frankly, wasn't that great either). I feel so motivated right now. I'm so close to the threshold. I'm ready to step my game up a notch.
If I'm being honest, I should tell you that I haven't really been giving it 100%. I skipped days 5,8,9&13, plus I had pizza for lunch three times last week, and I sometimes fast-forward through the last ten-fifteen minutes of the workout videos, even though I could do it all if I just mustered up the gumption. So now, with this one little-bitty bit of real progress, I am committed. I will only skip one day per week. I will only have pizza for lunch once per week, and I will not fast-forward the video, but do maybe one or two less reps than I probably could (which is better than no reps at all).

If that last bit sounded less than enthusiastic to you, it wasn't. As a chronic procrastinator and terminal lazy person, that is a major step up for me, and is actually a big move toward my goal of perfect form and performance.

Also, p.s, one of the big motivating thoughts I've got right now is the great big shopping spree that will have to happen once none of my clothes fit me anymore. Not to mention that Dave and I made a deal that if I hit my goal weight (roughly somewhere between 130 and 140) then he would take me to the Saks Off 5th outlet and buy me ANY DRESS I WANTED. Dave says any dress at all, but I will keep it reasonable and only spend $100.
...$150.
... maybe $175.

David is a motivational genius, because I would really really really like to have a dress, but first I have to be able to fit into any of them. Oh my gosh, amazing thought, what if by the end of all this, I can fit into a medium??? That would be AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Way to get a dress out of it too. You have inspired me greatly!!! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete