Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 16

Holy crap, the pounds are flying off me right now!

166.0

It's true. It feels amazing to step on that scale and just watch it drop. I always psych myself out before I get on, thinking about all the cheating and the secret treats, and how I could have done more reps, I know I could have done at least one more, now I'm going to be a pound heavier and it's all my own fault, why didn't I do that extra rep? Why? Why? That way, even if I didn't lose very much it's not a disappointment. Then I saw how much I dropped, and it was sweet, sweet ecstasy.

On the flip side, this is my danger zone. I mentioned before that I am a lazy person and a procrastinator. Perhaps I should also add that I am a long-standing underachiever. I am a big fan of Good Enough. Me and Good Enough go way back. I skated through high school and college on Good Enough, even though an extra 15-20 minutes of studying per day probably could have gotten me straight A's. (In high school at least, more like an hour for college. Well, maybe 30-40 minutes. No, no, for all A's it would have to have been at least an extra hour). But I digress! The point is, this is the part where I start to get really pleased with myself and it stops being a big deal to slack off, because look, I just lost two pounds in two days! So I'm really trying to stay self-aware, and push through any feelings of complacency I might start to get.

Frankly, one look at my pudgy tummy pretty much sucks the complacency right out of me. So YAY! for that. (seriously).

No comments:

Post a Comment